Tuesday 14 August 2012

Einsteins field equation explained



I just recieved an email from a blog reader asking me to explain this equation;





This equation is Einsteins field equation's and put simply it is explaining that the structure of geometry is deterimed by the distribution of energy (which is a really weird idea). And it also tells's us that gravity can serve as it's own energy source (as gravity is a type of energy form in itself).

This equation once you get your head around it is really simple, what first got me when I was trying to understand this equation was that gravity was it's own energy source, but don't let that fuck you up just as long as you approach Einsteins equations with an open mind you can wrap your head around them.

(My awesome art again)

So now you know both the meaning and the what the left hand and right hand side in the equation. Now if your a guy you can go and impress your girlfriend with your new knowledge of Einsteins field equation's because I hear chicks really dig that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment